Thursday 4 August 2016

Kapa Haka (Can Do) #1

Kapa Haka (Can Do)

On Friday, I had Kapa Haka. When I arrived I went to my line and got ready to start. First we went through all of the songs to warm up. Then we went onto the stage area on the ground and practiced our school song.

After that, we went to our positions for Halleujah. My spot is the top right corner. After we did Halleujah, we waited for the command to move to the next song. We then all moved to our next positions, which were the ones for Tuhurihuri. The Year 8 girls did long poi, the Year 5,6 and 7's did short poi, and the Year 4's did rakau.The Year 7/8 boys use these long sticks (I'm not sure what they are called), and the Year 4,5 and 6 boys did their actions. I think that all the actions look really cool together, and work really well with the song.

Then we transitioned to our school song, and went through that a few times. After that we left for morning tea. 

The care value I showed was respect because I listened respectfully to the teachers and my peers.

I showed leadership by listening respectfully to Matua, Mr Brown and Mrs Baker. 

No comments:

Post a Comment